This research line explores the extension of existing tools and systems, predominantly used by water professionals and engineers, into tools and systems that can be used by a broad range of stakeholders in water including the general population.
Platforms include Internet and mobile telephone networks that support various platforms including the social networks. Research here is oriented towards developing new technologies enabling Internet-based computing (all paradigms of modelling, collaboration, decision making and learning).
These research initiatives are being developed and confirmed in application include:
- Flood and drought risk management
- Real time control and anticipatory water management
- Urban water systems management
- Community based modelling
- Eco-hydraulics and environmental modelling
- Decision support systems for multiple stakeholders