In this new phase of the partnership programme we want to demonstrate more tangible impacts on the ground. Sustained and strengthened partnerships, engaging in new partnerships including civil society, NGO's, private sector and government, supporting innovation, attention to cohesion and synergy between project activities, and strong communication to various audiences, are some of the strategies through which we want to accomplish this.
DUPC2's goal is facilitated by four inter-related programme components:
- Education and Training
- Research and Innovation
- Knowledge sharing and Networks
- Management and Learning
Collectively, the activities within these components, work towards improving sustainable partnerships with and between developing and transition country institutions. All activities under DUPC2 will be recognizable by the IHE Delft Global Partnership logo, which will be displayed on all the programme's outputs.
Focus themes and countries
DUPC2 focuses on the following themes:
- Efficient water management, particularly in the agricultural sector
- Improved catchment area management and safe deltas
- Access to clean drinking water and basic sanitation
- Water diplomacy
- Water scarcity and water related problems related to the refugee crisis in the Middle East
- Water governance
- Climate change
Activities are open to selected countries and regions. Download here the list.
There is no call at the moment.
DUPC Committee members
- Wim Douven, overall coordinator of the programme, IHE Delft
- Carolien Jaspers, Liaison Officer EU Relations, IHE Delft
- Carlos M. Madera, Associate Professor Sanitary Engineering, Universidad del Valle, Colombia
- Chris Zevenbergen, Professor of Flood Resilience of Urban Systems, IHE Delft
- Jean-Marie Kileshye Onema, WaterNet manager, Southern Africa
- Jeltsje Kemerink-Seyoum, Senior Lecturer and Researcher in Water Governance, IHE Delft
- Martin Mulenga, Senior Lecturer in Sanitation/ Sanitary Engineering, IHE Delft
- Naser Almanaseer, Department of Civil Engineering - Water Resources, Al-Balqa' Applied University, Jordan
- Pham Hong Nga, Head of International Cooperation Office/Lecturer, Thuyloi University (former HWRU), Vietnam
DUPC2 Programme Staff