- 24 Jun 2019 - 28 Jun 2019
At the end of June, IHE Delft hosts the IADC Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation. This week-long seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries has been given since 1993, often in cooperation with local technical universities. The intensive course has been given around the world, including in Singapore, Dubai, Argentina, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Brazil and of course The Netherlands, and has been a best-seller for almost 25 years.
Content of the seminar
To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project. This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
An important feature of the Seminars is a trip to visit a dredging project being executed in the given geographical area. This gives the participants the opportunity to see dredging equipment in action and to gain a better feeling of the extent of a dredging activity.
For more information, including a downloadable brochure and registration, please refer to this page on the IADC website.