For All 18 months Delft-based MSc programmes, the one year MSc programme in Sanitation and the joint programme in Limnology and Wetland Management, which will start in October 2021, it is foreseen that OKP scholarships will be made available. This information still needs to be confirmed and therefore the information stated below is with reservation. Nevertheless as the time of application will be short and a good preparation improves the chances on a scholarship, we advise you to already apply for academic admission and prepare the required OKP documents.
How to apply
Step 1: check if you are eligible
Before you apply, make sure you review the eligibility criteria carefully (eligibility criteria OKP) and check whether your employer is willing to nominate you for the scholarship. When you are certain that you are eligible for an OKP scholarship, you can start making the necessary preparations for your application.
For OKP, eligible countries are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen and Zambia.
Step 2: apply for admission
You will need to have academic admission for an eligible MSc programme at IHE Delft before you can apply for a scholarship. Please check the programmes and admission criteria and submit your online application for admission. IHE Delft aims to notify you about the outcome of your application within three weeks. If your application is accepted by IHE Delft you will be notified per email. Submit your online application for admission by 24th February 2021 at the latest. In the meantime start already to prepare the documents that need to be submitted to OKP (see below).
Step 3: apply for OKP through DELTA
You can apply for an Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship through Delta, the online application tool for Orange Knowledge scholarships during the scholarship application period. This is expected to be between 8th February – 8th March 2021. All candidates who have been academically accepted will receive an e-mail when Delta opens and you can submit your OKP application. Please take note of the following:
All candidates (from OKP countries) who have been academically accepted will receive an e-mail when Delta opens and can submit their OKP application. Please take note of the following:
- You first need to have academically acceptance to one of IHE Delft eligible MSc programmes (see Step 2)
- For most countries sufficient English test will be required. Please check if this is required for your country. If required, register to do this test as soon as possible as it may take time and test results should be submitted before the OKP application deadline.
- If you are applying for the 1 year MSc programme in Sanitation, please note that the results of your entrance exam need to be submitted before the OKP application deadline of 8th March 2021.
- If you are applying for the joint MSc programme in Limnology and Wetland Management, please note that a copy of your Boku admission letter needs to be submitted with your online application for admission with IHE Delft before the OKP application deadline of 8th March 2021.
- It will not be necessary to upload an admission letter in Delta, but a valid passport copy will be required.
- You will need to prepare and collect all the necessary documents in advance, this may take some time.
- Incomplete applications in Delta will not be accepted, so please pay utmost attention to the documents you will need to prepare.
- At this moment it is not yet possible to register for OKP scholarship. Delta is expected to open around the 8th of February 2021. You will by then receive a link. We strongly advise you to already prepare the required documents as stated below. It is important that you discuss the relevance of the study programme you wish to follow for you and for your employer beforehand. In your employer statement you have to provide information on this relevance and this is an important selection criteria.
Use the following documents:
- (link to Nuffic website:) format-employers-statement_okp
- Check government statement requirements to see whether or not you will need to submit: Statement of government authority OKP
For the OKP scholarships for the MSc programmes 2021, co-funding to the amount of €15,000 (thesis research at IHE Delft) or €10,000 (thesis research in home country), will be required. IHE Delft is exploring the possibilities for co-funding from other sources. In case you are able to co-fund this amount yourself (private, employer, additional scholarship or loan), please inform us. We will then send you a statement which we will request you to complete and return. If IHE Delft approves this statement you can be guaranteed of nomination for an OKP scholarship, which will greatly improve your chances for being selected.
Besides OKP we advise you to check if you are eligible for a WMO scholarship or MENA-CD scholarship. In case you are eligible we strongly advise you also to apply for either one of these scholarships. If you apply for both OKP and WMO or MENA-CD, and you meet the criteria for both, IHE Delft may be able to match the scholarships, which will increase your chances for one full combined scholarship.