For whom?Mid-career professionals dealing with technical aspects of water abstraction and drinking water treatment processes and plants, working for municipal assemblies, water supply companies or consulting agencies. The participants should have some basic knowlege and experience of water treatment processes.
PrerequisitesBSc degree in Civil Engineering or similar technical background; good command of English language; Prior knowledge of water treatment methods (specifically coagulation, sedimentation, filtration, adsorption and disinfection) is essential. Some experience with planning, design and operation and maintenance of water treatment plants would be helpful.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 28 June 2021
End: 16 July 2021
Deadline IHE application: 27 May 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 3000
VAT is not included in the course fee
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- apply (gained) knowledge and experience regarding water quality and treatment methods in design, operation & maintenance and rehabilitation of conventional water treatment processes and plants;
- analyse water quality data and to select the most attractive raw water resource;
- design and engineer a water treatment plant (conventional and advanced) for both groundwater and surface water treatment);
- execute plant performance studies and to evaluate results, as well as to propose improvements in order to rehabilitate a malfunctioning plant;
- show professional knowledge and know-how for operating (process & quality control, troubleshooting) and maintaining water treatment plants;
- acquire and improve their skills on problem solving, decision making, oral presentations, writing reports, working in small task forces.