- 14 Sep 2015 - 17 Sep 2015
The 3rd OpenWater symposium focuses on open source software and open access tools within the water domain. The conference will take place from 14 to 17 September 2015 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The OpenWater conference originates from the EU funded EnviroGrids project and has been organized biannually. Ann van Griensven, Associate Professor of Hydrology and Water Quality at UNESCO-IHE is one of the conference chairs.
The OpenWater symposium aims at sharing experiences, tools, training materials and model codes applicable in the water domain. Several open source tools are emerging and initiatives are currently taken to initiate open standards and interfaces.
OpenWater will be organised as a series of invited presentations, dedicated workshops, demos and oral / poster presentations in the following fields:
- Interoperability and standards in the water domain
- Repositories and SDI’s
- Open source developments in water science
- Open hardware
- Open acces training materials
- Environmental modelling using open source tools
- Crowd sourcing
- Understanding natural and socio-economical processes affecting water resources in Africa
Call for abstracts
Abstracts can be sent to email@example.com before 30 April 2015.
African presenters can request for travel grants. Notification of acceptance of abstracts and travel grants by February 28.