- 18 Mar 2018 - 23 Mar 2018
- Setor de Divulgação Cultural 05 - Eixo Monumental - Brasília - Distrito Federal - Brazil
- Event website
IHE Delft will be present at the 8th World Water Forum to be held in Brasilia, Brazil, from 18 to 23 March 2018. The Institute will have a booth in the UNESCO Pavilion and will co-coordinate the ‘International Cooperation’ topic under the Capacity theme with GEF IW: LEARN. As in previous Forums, an Alumni gathering will take place to connect all alumni attending the event.
The 8th World Water Forum Thematic Framework is structured in six main themes and three cross-cutting issues, which relate to each other. Capacity is one of the so-called ‘cross-cutting issues and was co-coordinated by IHE Delft. Capacity has four themes: Enhancing education and capacity building, Science and technology and decision/policy making, ICT and monitoring, and International Cooperation.
IHE Delft is involved in the following sessions and events at the forum:
- Mon 19 March (14.30-16.00 hrs) Global launch of the United Nations World Water Development Report 2018 on ‘Nature-based Solutions for Water’[SS-PT-01]
- Tue 20 March (12.30-13.30 hrs) Side Event: Shaping the Youth Water Agenda - Dutch Water Pavillion
- Wed 21 March (14.30-16.00 hrs) Session: Extreme Events: examples of connection between Science and Public Policies in Americas, Europe and Africa [OS-RP-02]
- Wed 21 March (17.00-18.00 hrs) Alumni Gathering - UNESCO Water Family Booth
- Wed 21 March (18.00-19.30 hrs) Side Event: Water Accounting - Room 41
- Thu 22 March (9.00-10.30 hrs) Session: 8.d.1 - How to expand support to international cooperation and capacity building to achieve SDG 6? [OS-TP-85]
- Thu 22 March (9.00-11.00 hrs) Side Event: Water & Jobs [SE-31]
- Thu 22 March (11.00-12.30 hrs) Session 8.d.2 - International Cooperation as a key factor to address the Water and Climate Relationship [OS-TP-86]
- Thu 22 March (11.00-12.30 hrs) Session 8.a.3 - Wanted – skilled labour: The urgency to develop water training [OS-TP-78]