- 02 Oct 2022 - 12 Oct 2022
- Africa Online Summer School
Join the Africa Online Summer School from 2 to 12 October. The Summer School is organized by the IAHR-Africa Division and is intended for a broad audience. Whether you are a young professional or a senior, academic or practitioner, the course will help you to learn, identify and connect between the different aspects of hydro-environmental engineering and their importance and practical applications in Africa. IHE Delft's David Ferras is one of the Summer School coordinators and IHE Delft's Maria Kennedy and Ioana Popescu will join as lecturer.
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of hydro-environmental engineering and its impact on water infrastructures.
- Understand the fundamentals and main principles behind each field of hydro-environmental engineering.
- Be familiar with projects and applications where the hydro-environmental engineering is involved.
- Identify leading experts in the field of hydro-environmental engineering and be familiar with IAHR.
- Identify research and engineering streams that African scholars and professionals should focus on and/or explore.
This course is intended for a broad audience, including young and senior professionals, academics and practitioners. The course will help participants to learn, identify and connect between the different aspects of hydro-environmental engineering.
The course comprises 18 lectures of 45 minutes each. Two lectures are given each day, adding up to a total of 13 hours of lectures. No official assignments are required, but some professors may provide simple assignments. A Professional Certificate of Attendance is issued upon request.