- 08 Oct 2013 - 11 Oct 2013
- Website Budapest Water Summit
The Budapest Water Summit is dedicated to “The Role of Water and Sanitation in the Global Sustainable Development Agenda”. It aims to formulate a recommendation for the UN General Assembly for setting the post-2015 development agenda in order to support one overarching Sustainable Development Goal on water and sanitation that can correspond and respond to multidimensional challenges. The Summit, held from 8 to 11 October, is a milestone event of the 2013 International Year of Water Cooperation, led by UNESCO on behalf of UN-Water.
UNESCO Director-General, Irina Bokova, will take part in the opening session of the Budapest Water Summit. UNESCO-IHE will be present with a booth at the Water and Sanitation Expo, jointly with UNESCO-IHP. Andras Szollosi-Nagy, UNESCO-IHE Rector and chair of the International Programme Committee, will be present throughout the summit, as well as various UNESCO-IHE staff members and students.
UNESCO-IHE's delegation consists of:
- Andras Szollosi-Nagy, Rector
- Stefan Uhlenbrook, Vice Rector Academic and Student Affairs
- Uta Wehn de Montalvo, Senior Lecturer / Researcher in Capacity Development and Innovation
- Ken Irvine, Professor of Aquatic Ecosystems
- Joyeeta Gupta, Professor of Law and Policy in Water Resources and Environment
- Stefan Siepman, Communications Officer
They are joined by six MSc students:
- Maria Clemens,
- Prabin Rokaya,
- Tatiana dos Silva,
- Gonzalo Duro,
- Akewak Yadeta Gobosho,
- Natalija Milicevic.