Mr. Carel Keuls is a senior knowledge management advisor at IHE Delft. He has a background in Social Sciences and Knowledge Management. He brings in a 10 years experience in bridging gaps between (regional) policy making and information technology predominantly in the field of regional spatial planning.
His current focus is on quality assurance, information and knowledge management processes within organisations and IHE Delft in specific
- A.M. Azab, C..W.H.Keuls, J. Luijendijk, (2013) "Networking on the Nile", in: A World of SCIENCE, Vol. 11, No. 3, July–September 2013, p. 25-27
- A.M. Azab, C.W.H. Keuls, (2013) "Knowledge Networks as a Tool for Capacity Building in Transboundary River Basins. Case Study: Nile Basin Capacity Building Network (NBCBN)", in Conference Proceedings 5th Delft Symposium on Water Sector Capacity Development, 2013
- J. Attari and C.W.H. Keuls (2010). "Knowledge management scan for water and wastewater companies in Iran: experiences from two training courses." in: F.A. Memon, A.K. Ansari (Eds), Sustainable Water management in Developing Countries - Challenges and Opportunities, The Print Masters, Karachi Sindh Pakistan, 2010
- Keuls, C., Jonoski, A., Popescu, I. (2009). "Using TenCompetence tools: experiences from on line competence based learning in Hydroinformatics at IHE Delft"; Proceedings of the 'Open workshop of TENCompetence -Rethinking Learning and Employment at a Time of Economic Uncertainty-event'. November, 19-20, 2009, Manchester, United Kingdom: TENCompetence
- Popescu I., Jonoski A. and Keuls C., (2009) Competence based learning for an on-line course on flood modelling for management, .IAHR Congress Proceedings, Vancouver BC, Canada.
- Popescu I., Jonoski A., Bhattacharya B., Keuls C., (2009), On-Line Competence Based Learning in Hydroinformatics at IHE Delft, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Hydroinformatics, Concepcion, Chile.
- Hernandez-Leo, Davinia; Perez, Mar; Chacon, Johnatan; Melero, Javier; Sayago, Sergio; Stefanov, Krassen; Keuls, Carel; Glas, Wim; Popescu, Ioanna; Louys, Amelie; Schoonenboom, Judith; Specht, Marcus; Glahn, Christian; Lemmers, Ruud; D4.4 - Report on the results of the evaluation of the Cycle 2 pilots TENCompetence - IST-2005-027087.
- Report on NBCBN Knowledge Network Survey, 2008; Based on a conducted survey in the NBCBN network of water professionals in the Nile basin.
- On-Line Competence Based Learning in Hydroinformatics at IHE Delft Popescu, Ioana; Jonoski, Andreja; Bhattacharya, Biswa; Keuls, Carel.
- D4.3 Implementation and evaluation plan of Cycle 2 pilots; Hernandez, Davinia; Chacon, Jonathan; Sayago, Sergio; Blat, Josep; Stefanov, Krassen; Keuls, Carel; Glas, Wim; Popescu, Ioanna; Perez, Angeles; Schoonenboom, Judith; Glahn, Christian; Lemmers, Ruud; TENCompetence - IST-2005-027087.
- Keuls, C. W. H. (2008). "Knowledge network development in Water Resources and Irrigation Management: the case of CKNet-INA in Indonesia." Journal of Irrigation and Drainage, 57: 341-353 (2008), Wiley Interscience
- Carel W.H. Keuls, Jan Luijendijk, Krishna Prasad (2006). Monitoring and Evaluation of Capacity Development Programs at IHE Delft: Reflections from selected cases. Workshop proceedings on Monitoring and Evaluation of Capacity Development Strategies in Agricultural Water Management. 57th IEC Meeting of the International Commission on Irrigation and Draining (ICID), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 14 September 2006, IPTRID Secretariat, UN-FAO, Rome, Final Report, 2007, pp 87-108.
Quality aspects in higher education
Quality in delivering education
Professional expert in Knowledge Management
Specialized in groups process support, initiating and developing Communities of Practice, ICT support, application and implementation, promoting integrated approach and demand orientation
Technology support for knowledge access and exchange
The knowledge platform DeltaLinK, a knowledge platform for the 6 partner institutes in Delft Cluster, has been co-leaded in design, development and implementation in the period 2003-2004 in cooperation with Logica CMG; For the indonesian network, CKNet-INA, a webbased knowledge map has been developed.
Knowledge management review & evaluation
Development and implementation of a knowledge management evaluation instrument (knowME) for Delft Cluster (academic environment) in cooperation with Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
Developing knowledge networks
During the period 2000-2015 increased experience with the development of professional networks (Knowledge networks and Communities of Practice) to activate and stimulate applied research and other collaborative work, like joint curriculum development. Special emphasis on Delft Cluster (The Netherlands), and the Nile region (Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, D.R. Congo and Uganda) and Indonesia.