Analyses how to strengthen knowledge and capacity in the digital age.
Capacity: the ability [of people, communities, organisations, societies] to act and learn to address their (water-related) challenges.
Knowledge & capacity development the process of strengthening knowledge & capacity.
- CS as new form of data & knowledge co-creation with the public and/or dedicated communities.
- CS for Science, Society & Policy
- The social dimensions of Citizen Science (incentives & barriers, stakeholder engagement, impact assessment)
- Monitoring and achieving the SDGs, especially SDG
- Shaping the changes triggered by pervasive digital innovations
- New forms of stakeholder participation in environmental governance & for sustainable water management.
- Tackling societal challenges by involving society
- Water innovation systems approach
- Fostering innovation via incubation
Methods for co-design
- Co-design of social innovations for impact
- Co-design of projects in multi-stakeholder, water-related contexts addressing complex societal needs