Graduates from civil, coastal engineering, environmental engineering, spatial planning, hydrology, and oceanography and ocean sciences, as well as managers with interest in climate change impact on deltas and coastal areas.
Basic knowledge on coastal or environmental engineering, spatial planning, hydrology, and oceanography or ocean sciences.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 10 May 2021
End: 28 May 2021
Deadline IHE application: 09 April 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
VAT is not included in the course fee
- * Explain the climate system and the principles of climate change and climate modeling.
- * Understand the physical basis of the natural and anthropogenic greenhouse effect, including the meaning of the term radiative forcing.
- * Comprehensively describe impacts of climate change on coastal catchments, coasts and deltas.
- * Develop a theoretical perspective towards the IPCC climate projections and working group reports, as well as the conceptual understanding of climate adaptation.
- * Provide strategic advice on the quantification of physical impacts and economic/environmental risk posed by climate change on coastal areas and deltas.
- * Provide strategic advice on how to effectively adapt to change on coastal catchments, coasts and deltas.