Participants in the Limnology and Wetland Management specialisation of the IHE Environmental Science MSc-programme; Other IHE participants who select this module as an elective; Participants who take this module as a short course.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 20 May 2019
End: 07 June 2019
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 19 April 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2850
Start: 18 May 2020
End: 05 June 2020
Deadline IHE application: 17 April 2020 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2910
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Store and manipulate experimental data efficiently in a simple database and perform exploratory data analysis using time series plots, scatter plots and descriptive statistics in MS Excel and R.
- Perform basic statistical procedures and analyses using R (distribution tests and transfor-mations, t-tests, ANOVAs, non-parametric tests, simple and multiple regression, etc.)
- Do multivariate statistical analyses, such as multiple regression analysis and factor analysis, using R; and understand the principles of some other advanced modelling applications for ecological data.
- Construct a simple dynamic simulation model of an aquatic ecosystem using Stella.
- Discuss critically the strengths, weaknesses, missing information, advantages and disadvantages of the analyses.
- Communicate effectively the methods, results and conclusions of a case study (presentation and written report).