This course is designed for scientists, engineers and water managers involved in hydropower development, water resources management, or interested in these topics. A basic knowledge of hydrology, hydraulics and geotechnics is required.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 29 April 2019
End: 03 May 2019
Deadline IHE application: 28 March 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 950
VAT is not included in the course fee
- get overview and working knowledge in design of the hydropower schemes and practical design of hydropower structures including power waterways, powerhouses, turbines and electrical equipment.
- get overview of development and design of all types of hydropower structures including also small power plants and pump-storage plants
- Overview and design of the hydropower schemes
- Practical design of hydropower structures including weirs, intakes, power waterways, powerhouses, turbines and electrical equipment
- Development and design of hydropower structures including small power plants and pump-storage plants
- Cost control and financial analyses
- Environmental impact of hydropower