This course is designed for sanitary, civil / wastewater and environmental engineers who are facing challenges with faecal sludge. As on-site sanitation is by far the most applied sanitation technology, faecal sludge management is of paramount importance globally.
- Describe the way how excreta and faecal sludge are characterised.
- Know which technologies can be applied for which type of faecal sludge (settling tanks, planted and unplanted drying beds, etc)
- Name the key stakeholders in FSM.
- Name the challenges in emergency sanitation and know how emergency sanitation can be addressed.
- Be familiar with the latest developments in sustainable (on-site) sanitation solutions that can be applied in high density low income areas.
- Overview of FSM (Objectives)
- Public Health and sanitation
- Excreta Characterisation
- Faecal Sludge Systems
- Non-Technical Aspects of FSM
- Specific circumstances