Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 02 March 2020
End: 20 March 2020
Deadline IHE application: 01 February 2020 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2910
VAT is not included in the course fee
The course covers the following subjects:
- Ground Water Flow and Recovery: Theory of groundwater flow, Darcys law, confined and unconfined aquifers, geohydrological investigations, development of observation and production wells.
- Water Quality and Treatment: The use of water, water-born diseases, drinking water quality parameters and standards, introduction to water treatment processes, disinfection, removal of ammonia, colour, taste and odour, quality of groundwater, removal of iron manganese and nitrate, aggressive characteristics of water.
- Advanced Groundwater Treatment: Advanced concepts in the removal of iron, manganese, arsenic, fluoride, methane, hydrogen sulphate and nitrate.
- Computer Exercise Groundwater Treatment: Computer programmes will be used to optimise design of conventional groundwater treatment plants and examine the applicability of adsorptive iron removal.
- Laboratory Course on Water Chemistry: Colorimetric analysis of ammonia, phosphate, pH measurements, acidity, alkalinity and hardness, determination of chlorine in water, breakpoint chlorination, iron, arsenic, fluoride and nitrate analysis, iron(II) oxidation.
- Excursion: Field visit to groundwater treatment plants in The Netherlands.