HEC-RAS is a software program that models hydrodynamics of flow in a river and/or channel. It is used to determine if for a given discharge the flow exceeds the river bank levels. Flooding studies can be carried out to determine the flood extent and volume.
It is expected that participants have good computer skills and basic knowledge of hydraulics.
- Introduction to river flow routing;
- Basic equations of unsteady flow in rivers;
- Introduction to HEC-RAS. Modelling capabilities;
- Modelling Floods using HEC-RAS;
- Modelling dam breaks.
- Computer exercises.
- Dr. Ioana Popescu (IHE Delft)