- 26 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
- IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, Westvest 7, 2611 AX Delft, Auditorium A1b
At the end of June, IHE Delft hosts the IADC Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation. This week-long seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries has been given since 1993, often in cooperation with local technical universities. The intensive course has been given around the world, including in Singapore, Dubai, Argentina, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Brazil and of course The Netherlands, and has been a best-seller for almost 25 years.
The seminars reflect IADC’s commitment to education, to encouraging young people to enter the field of dredging, and to improving knowledge about dredging throughout the world. More than a 1000 participants can testify to the in-depth learning experience of the week-long course presented by experienced dredging engineers from the IADC member companies.
Contents of the seminar programme are continually updated, fitting such a dynamic industry. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained.
The International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation is specifically geared toward future decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbour authorities, off-shore companies and other organisations that have to execute dredging projects.
Content of the seminar
To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should fully understand the requirements of a dredging project from the start. This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the participants hands-on experience.
- Overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- Project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- State-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- Site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- Costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- Design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- Early contractor involvement.
For more information, including a downloadable brochure and registration, please refer to this page on the IADC website.