- 19 Jun 2022 - 24 Jun 2022
The 39th IAHR World Congress will be held in Granada, Spain, from June 20th to 24th, 2022. It will bring together leading experts to help address the world’s pressing water environment engineering challenges. Researchers and decision makers will have the opportunity to share recent advances and experiences, identify emerging technology trends and engage in lively debates that have positively impacted our world. The theme “From Snow to Sea” brings attention on the importance of considering the integral water cycle to address present and future challenges. IHE Delft will be actively involved in various sessions and will be present with a booth.
Meet IHE Delft experts in the following sessions
18 and 19 June
- Council meetings by PhD Candidate Gaby Castrellon Romero as representative of young professionals from Latin America. Gaby was elected for this position in June 2021.
- Presentation (17:00 - 18:30 CET) - Projected groundwater recharge in a tropical catchment under different climate change and land use management scenario by IHE Delft co-authors Gaby Castrellon Romero, PhD Candidate and Ioana Popescu, Associate Professor of Hydroinformatics.
- Side Event: Capacity Development for a Water Secure World (15:00 - 16:30 CET). The role of capacity building in water security and SDG6. Invited by the Ministry of Ecological Transition – Government of Spain.
- Presentation (08:30 - 10:00 CET) - Hydrogeology of the Central American Dry Corridor: Insights for improving preparedness and resilience to hydroclimatic extremes by PhD Candidate Gaby Castrellon Romero.
- Panelist member to Side Event: Capacity Development for a Water Secure World (15:00 - 16:30 CET) - Ioana Popescu, Associate Professor of Hydroinformatics.
- Presentation/discussion during the YPN General Assembly (18:30 - 19:15 CET) by PhD Candidate Gaby Castrellon Romero and Daniel Valero Huerta, Senior Lecturer in Hydraulic Engineering.
- David Ferras, Senior Lecturer in Water Supply Engineering will coordinate the JFK prize, based on a student paper competition. In addition, there will be a special session where students present their work in front of an international jury panel. The winner will be announced during the gala dinner.
- PhD Candidate Bich Tran will take part in a meet and greet session for IAHR Young Professionals Hydro-Environment challenge winners (18:30-19:15 CET).
- Presentation held by Cristina Anacabe, Business Development Officer, and Ioana Popescu, Associate Professor of Hydroinformatics, about IHE Delft's Research Funding at the IAHR Institutes Meeting side event (15:00 - 16:30 CET).
- Special Session (12:00 - 13:30 CET) on water and diversity: Hydraulic and environmental research for the future by PhD Candidate Gaby Castrellon Romero. Ioana Popescu, Associate Professor of Hydroinformatics, is the co-organiser of this session.
- Session on diversity between researchers and consultants in IAHR with Ioana Popescu, Associate Professor of Hydroinformatics.
- Presentation (15:00 - 16:30 CET) by PhD Candidate Bich Tran on 'Monitoring Wetlands Dynamics in the Inner Niger Delta using Open-Access Remotely Sensed Evapotranspiration Data'.
- Poster session (P-097) by PhD Candidate Bich Tran on 'Uncertainty in Satellite Remote Sensing Derived Evapotranspiration Estimation: Current Status and Assessment Methods'
- Ioana Popescu, Associate Professor of Hydroinformatics, is a member of the International Steering Group for 39th IAHR congress in Granada.
- IHE Delft booth number 7 is located in the Exhibition area.