Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 14 November 2022
End: 25 November 2022
Deadline IHE application: 13 October 2022 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2000
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Environmental flows primer: what they are, what purposes they serve, how they are assessed, and what is their status around the world.
- Creating an appropriate enabling environment: representation of environmental flows in policy, legislation and regulations at local, national, regional, and global scales.
- Stakeholder engagement: identifying key stakeholders and effectively engaging them in the assessment, planning, and operationalisation of environmental flows.
- Defining institutional roles and responsibilities: identifying roles and responsibilities of different institutions in policy making, resource planning, assessment, operationalisation, adaptive management and monitoring of environmental flows.
- Embedding environmental flows in natural resource planning: integrated resource development and conservation planning and methods and tools/instruments for addressing tradeoffs.
- Delivering and protecting environmental flows through adaptive management, from day to day operations, through to monitoring for compliance and effectiveness, and reporting for future planning.
Participants will learn through the presentations of theory and real-world examples, discussions, group exercises, webinars with interaction with international topic experts, and the development of their own case study. Participants should identify their case well beforehand and bring available data and information to the course.
The course will be given by a diverse group of instructors with recognised international expertise in the topic. It is held under the auspices of IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, Riverfutures and other partners.