Jessica obtained a BSc in Geographic Engineering, specializing in the Environment and Natural Resources, in 2006 from the National University of San Marcos (UNMSM), Peru. She then worked as a Mining Environmental Legacies Specialist at an institution founded by the Peruvian Government to promote and support the financing of public and private investment in environmental projects. In 2010 she received a scholarship from the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) to pursue an MSc in Environmental Science and Technology at the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education. Her research involved a IHE Delft funded program working in and around the Mara River, which starts in the Mau Forest of Kenya and runs across the Tanzanian border into Lake Victoria. Her field work in tropical rivers and subsequent laboratory work sparked her curiosity for a deeper understanding of aquatic ecosystems.
TopicEffect of dams on C:N:P:Si stoichiometry and the influence of these dynamics on the seston community
Masese, F.O., Salcedo-Borda, J.S., Gettel, G.M., Irvine, K., McClain, M.E., 2017. Influence of catchment land use and seasonality on dissolved organic matter composition and ecosystem metabolism in headwater streams of a Kenyan river. Biogeochemistry 132: 1-22. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10533-016-0269-6
Salcedo-Borda J.S., Gettel G.M., Irivine K. (2016). Effects of reservoirs with long and short residence time on nutrient concentration and ratios in the upper part of the Danube Basin. Aquatic Science Meeting, Hawaii, USA.
Salcedo-Borda J.S., Gettel G.M., Irivine K. (2015). Effects of reservoirs on Nutrient Concentrations and Ratios along the Longitudinal Gradient of Danube River Basin. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, USA.
Effect of the quality of organic matter in the ecosystem metabolism upper Mara River Basin, Kenya"
Grants & Awards
- 2015 Student Travel Grant of the American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- 2013 Schlumberger Foundation – Faculty for the Future Program - PhD Aquatic Ecosystems.
- 2010 Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) - Master in Environmental Science & Technology at UNESCO-IHE, Institute for Water Education, The Netherlands.
- 2009 Japan International Cooperation Agency-JICA - Training Programme of Young Leaders in Environmental Conservation in Japan.
- Engineering School of Peru (www.cip.org.pe)
- National Investigators Register from National Council for Science and Technology-Peru (www.concytec.gob.pe)