Joyeeta Gupta is professor of environment and development in the global south at the Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research of the University of Amsterdam and IHE Delft Institute for Water Education in Delft. She is also a member of the Amsterdam Global Change Institute. She is editor-in-chief of International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics (IF 2.0) and is on the editorial board of journals like Carbon and Law Review, International Journal on Sustainable Development, Environmental Science and Policy, Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, Catalan Environmental Law Journal, Review of European Community and International Environmental Law and the new International Journal of Water Governance. She was and continues to be lead author in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which shared the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize with Al Gore and of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment which won the Zaved Second Prize. She has published extensively. She is on the scientific steering committees of many different international programmes including the Global Water Systems Project and Earth System Governance.
- Schubert, S. and J. Gupta (2013). Comparing Global Coordination Mechanisms on Energy, Environment, and Water, Ecology and Society, 8(2): 22. http://dx.doi.org/10.5751/ES-05440-180222.
- Dellapenna, J., J. Gupta, L. Wenjing, and F. Schmidt (2013). Thinking about the future of Global Water Governance, Ecology and Society, in press.
- Brink, M.van den, S. Meijerink, C. Termeer and J. Gupta (2013). Climate-proof planning for flood-prone areas: assessing the adaptive capacity of planning institutions in the Netherlands, Regional Environmental Change, DOI 10.1007/s10113-012-0401-7.
- Siebel, M.A., V.S. Rotter, A.Nabende, and J. Gupta (2013). Clean development mechanism: a way to sustainable waste management in developing countries?, Osterr Wasser- und Abfallw, 65:42–46, DOI 10.1007/s00506-012-0052-4.
- Agyenim, J.B. and J. Gupta (2013). Water management in Ghana: between the idea and the implementation, Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19390459.2012.668100
- Bastos Lima, M. And Joyeeta Gupta (2013). The Policy Context of Biofuels: A Case of Non-Governance at the Global Level?, Global Environmental Politics, 13(2): 48-66.
- Gupta, J., A. Akhmouch, W. Cosgrove, Z. Hurwitz, J. Maestu, and O. Unver (2013). Policymakers’ reflections on water governance issues. Ecology and Society, 18(1): 35. [online] URL: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol18/iss1/art35/
- Li, H., J. Gupta and M.P. van Dijk (2013). China’s Drought Strategies in Rural Areas Along the Lancang River, Water Policy, 15:1-18.
- Gupta, J. (2012). Glocal Forest and REDD+ Governance: Win-Win or Lose-Lose, Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 4: 1-8.
- Gupta, J. (2012). Negotiating Challenges and Climate Change, Climate Policy, 12(5): 630-644.
- (in Korean) Gupta, J. (2005). Our Simmering Planet: What to do About Global Warming, Zed Publishers , London, p. 178, 2nd edition, p. 339.
- Gupta, J. (2001). Our Simmering Planet: What to do About Global Warming, Zed Publishers, London, p. 178.
- Gupta, J. (2001). “En Nombre de mi Delegacion …”: Un manual para los negociadores de cambio climatico de los paises en desarollo; Center for Sustainable Development of the Americas, Washington D.C., p. 104. (Spanish translation of Gupta 2000).
- Gupta, J. (2001). “Au nom de ma Delegation …..: Guide de survie des negociateurs des pays en developpement sur le climat”, Center for Sustainable Development of the Americas, Washington D.C., p. 102. (French translation of Gupta 2000).
- Gupta, J. (2000). On Behalf of My Delegation: A Guide for Developing Country Climate Negotiators, Center for Sustainable Development of the Americas, Washington D.C., p 100.
- Gupta, J. (1997). The Climate Change Convention and Developing Countries - From Conflict to Consensus?, Environment and Policy Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, pp. 256.