The 3-week course is for professionals and academics involved in irrigation and drainage system management in various government and non-government organizations.
Agronomy, irrigation methods, and understanding of irrigation system lay-out and design aspects.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 22 March 2021
End: 09 April 2021
Deadline IHE application: 21 February 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2910
VAT is not included in the course fee
- 1. Evaluate objectives, tasks and set-ups for irrigation management, operation and maintenance and its implications for irrigation performance
- 2. Demonstrate the role of property creation for the development and sustainability of irrigation and drainage systems
- 3. Discuss the importance of the social aspects that define the feasibility, implementation and continuation of land and water development projects
- 4. Apply key concepts of irrigation performance assessment, including its role, types of assessment, criteria, indicators, benchmarking, targets, and interpretation of data in order to analyse and address problems related to irrigation performance
- 5. Explain the theory, key concepts, conceptual framework and merits of water accounting in irrigation schemes
Policy Objectives for Irrigation Development & Management; Water Delivery Arrangements incl. Suitable Flow Control; Levels of Water Delivery Service & Associated Costs; Legislative, Organisational & Financial Attributes of Service Oriented Management; Service Agreements Considering Cost Recovery & Accountability; Asset Management Plans; Monitoring & Evaluation + Benchmarking Systems for Assessing System Performance.