The 3-week course is for professionals and academics involved in irrigation and drainage system management in various government and non-government organizations.
Agronomy, irrigation methods, and understanding of irrigation system lay-out and design aspects.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 07 March 2022
End: 25 March 2022
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 06 February 2022 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 3000
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Evaluate objectives, tasks and set-ups for irrigation management, operation and maintenance and its implications for irrigation performance
- Discuss the importance of the social aspects that define the feasibility, implementation and continuation of land and water development projects
- Discuss the emergence, opportunities and challenges of farmer-led irrigation
- Apply key concepts of irrigation performance assessment, including its role, types of assessment, criteria, indicators, benchmarking, targets, and interpretation of data in order to analyse and address problems related to irrigation performance
- Apply the theory of conceptualizing irrigation systems as socioecological systems
Policy Objectives for Irrigation Development & Management; Water Delivery Arrangements incl. Suitable Flow Control; Levels of Water Delivery Service & Associated Costs; Legislative, Organisational & Financial Attributes of Service Oriented Management; Service Agreements Considering Cost Recovery & Accountability; Asset Management Plans; Monitoring & Evaluation + Benchmarking Systems for Assessing System Performance.