The 3-week course is for professionals and academics involved in irrigation and drainage system management in various government and non-government organizations.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 04 March 2019
End: 22 March 2019
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 03 February 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2850
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Evaluate objectives, tasks and types of irrigation management arrangements and its implications for irrigation peformance
- Demonstrate the role of property creation for the management and development of irrigation and drainage systems
- Discuss the importance of the social aspects that define the feasibility, implementation and continuation of land and water development projects
- Assess the relevance and concepts of stakeholder participation in irrigation management
- Explain the theory, key concepts, conceptual framework and merits of water accounting in irrigation schemes
- Apply key concepts of irrigation performance assessment, including its role, types of assessment, criteria, indicators, benchmarking and targets, in addressing problems related to irrigation performance
- Use the IWMI water accounting framework to perform water accounting in irrigation schemes, interpret the results, provide situation analysis and formulate relevant recommendations for improvements.
Policy Objectives for Irrigation Development & Management; Water Delivery Arrangements incl. Suitable Flow Control; Levels of Water Delivery Service & Associated Costs; Legislative, Organisational & Financial Attributes of Service Oriented Management; Service Agreements Considering Cost Recovery & Accountability; Asset Management Plans; Monitoring & Evaluation + Benchmarking Systems for Assessing System Performance.