Environmental Technology and Engineering is geared towards students that are interested in deepening their knowledge on the the application of environmental technologies. You will have possibilities for thesis research in countries including China, India, Thailand, Brazil, Chile, South Africa, Uganda, USA, Colombia and Germany.
Successful graduates will be qualified for a professional career in:
- The private sector (environmental technological applications in different domains);
- Research sector (applied research at universities or research institutions, or in-company research);
- The public sector (consulting in local, regional and (inter)national administrations, defining and implementing environmental policy for sustainable development).
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded the Master degree in Environmental Technology and Engineering. This degree will be awarded jointly by the Institute of Chemical Technology, Ghent University and IHE Delft.
This specialization is a joint programme offered under the European Erasmus Mundus framework with Ghent University, Belgium, and Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, Czech Republic.
Start: 16 October 2017
The Erasmus Mundus programme in Environmental Technology and Engineering programme will:
- Train you to apply and develop environmental technologies and engineering techniques, with a strong focus on multidisciplinary and problem-based technology development;
- Offer you a wide range of environmental technology solutions in an international environment;
- Promote networking and exchange of knowledge and experience in the field of environmental technology and engineering between students of all nationalities, in particular also with students from developing countries and countries in transition from complementary study programmes, expected to take up prominent positions in the environmental protection sector or regulatory decision-making in their home countries after graduation;
- Promote interaction between students, governments and the professional sector through involvement of scholars and guest lecturers, job fairs and the organisation of a summer school.