- 03 Oct 2013 - 04 Oct 2013
- NCR days
The Annual recurring Netherlands Centre for River Studies conference will take place at UNESCO-IHE on 3 and 4 October 2013.
The conference speakers include:
- Prof. Mathias Kondolf (Berkeley University, USA) on river and stream restoration.
- Dr Francine Hughes (Anglia Ruskin University, UK) on river floodplain and wetland restoration.
- Prof. Pieter van der Zaag (UNESCO-IHE, the Netherlands) on transboundary river issues.
- Dr Jonathan Nelson (USGS, USA) on the i-RIC river modeling system, the result of an important international effort.
The conference aims to create a bridge between MSc students, PhD fellows, academics and the private sector. Expected participants include those from from engineering companies (e.g. HKV, Royal Haskoning-DHV), river managers (e.g. Ministry of Environment and Infrastructure, Water Boards, regional managers), large technical institutes (e.g. Deltares), and researchers, students and academics from the Netherlands that deal with technical and management aspects of rivers.
Participants need to register in order to attend the event. This can be done via the event website.