AfriAlliance is delighted to announce that it's Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on "Social innovation in water and climate change in Africa" will be held from 2 June to 12 July 2020!
The increasing manifestations of Climate Change on the African continent present many challenges for African stakeholders. This requires novel and holistic approaches in order to deal with the impacts on water resources and society. One such approach is social innovation - tackling societal, water-related challenges arising from Climate Change by combining the technological & non-technological dimensions of innovation.
The main goal of this course is to increase awareness of the potential of social innovation to address water and climate challenges in Africa.
This course is designed for young as well as experienced water professionals with a background in the natural, applied or social sciences, working or interested in Africa.
Dates and Fee
Start: 02 June 2020
End: 12 July 2020
Deadline for application: 25 May 2020
Course fee: Free
Click here for more information and how to register.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the concept of social innovation as it is used by AfriAlliance;
- Describe social innovation in water monitoring;
- Discuss social innovation in Integrated Water Resources Management;
- Summarise a social innovation process;
- Apply the newly acquired knowledge on social innovation to a specific, water-related case.