Consider to apply for an OKP Fellowship or Bill&Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) scholarship if you are a practicing professional in sanitation.
One year Master of Science Programme in Sanitation
In partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), IHE Delft has launched Master of Science Programme in Sanitation, developed and provided by the world’s top experts from both academia and practice. This demand-driven and practice orientated programme brings you fundamental understanding and knowledge on urban and peri-urban sanitation -especially in informal settlements- as well as the skills necessary for creating impact. The programme starts in April 2019 and takes one year to complete.
Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarship (OKP)
- You must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the OKP country list;
- You must be employed and must be able to upload an employer statement, that complies with the attached provided format. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement.
- You must not be employed by an organisation that is considered to have its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care) etc.;
- If applicable: must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable). Check if for your country of employment such a statement is required.
- Sufficient English test results. Applicants who still need to submit their test results are only eligible to register for OKP scholarship, if they have registered to do an English test and have confirmation that test results will be available 16 July 2018 at the latest.
- Have passed the entrance examination for the sanitation programme after having obtained provisional admission. Ultimate deadline for receive entrance examination results 16 July 2018.
- You must have an official and valid passport. Applicants who do not have a valid passport at this moment: they are only eligible to register for OKP scholarship, if they have applied for a new passport and have confirmation that the passport will be available 16 July 2018 at the latest.
All conditionally admitted applicants from OKP eligible countries will receive an information with instructions how to register for the OKP scholarship. You do not need to apply separately for this, IHE Delft will inform you. You are advised to prepare your employer statement and if required government statement well in advance. Applicants are strongly requested NOT to register if they do not meet all of the above-mentioned eligibility criteria.
Selection results for OKP scholarship are available mid-September 2018
Bill&Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Scholarship
About 20 partial scholarships will be made available for the academic year 2019-2020. The scholarship cover 50% of the total cost of the programme. An amount of US$20,000 (at this moment EUR 17,500) would need to be matched from other sources. The matching funds can be provided by yourself, your employer and any other sponsor, or combination of those.
If you wish to apply for this scholarship you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of one of the following countries: Senegal, Uganda, Zambia, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Cameroun, Cote d‘Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Malawi, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Thailand, Indonesia;
- Send confirmation of availability to cover US$20,000 to cover 50% of the total study cost (matching funds);
- Have a provisional admission to the programme (have passed the entrance exam).
If you meet all the above-mentioned conditions, you will be automatically shortlisted for this scholarship. You do not need to apply separately for it.
At least 50% of the scholarships will be awarded to female candidates.
Selection will furthermore be based on your motivation statement. Applicants whose motivation has the best fit with the programme objectives will pass to the next stage of selection (interview).
Candidates who are shortlisted for a scholarship will be interviewed before the final fellowship is offered to them.
If you are neither eligible for OKP and nor for BMGF scholarship, you are strongly advised to search yourself for other options. More information on other scholarship opportunities is available on our website: https://www.un-ihe.org/fellowships. Besides this you are advised to search yourself actively for other opportunities which may be specifically applicable for your country.
Other means of financing
It is possible to cover the cost of the programme by private means or with financial assistance of your employer or any other sponsor, or a combination. You can indicate this in your application form and choose the relevant option.With the documents that you have to upload when you apply for admission, there is an option to upload a document that confirms proof of funding.