Students aiming to diversify their learning pathway with humanitarian WASH knowledge; Professionals from the humanitarian WASH aiming to improve their competencies for career development; Professionals from the water and sanitation sector (private, public or nongovernmental sectors) aiming to expand their expertise to the humanitarian sector.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 03 May 2021
End: 03 September 2021
Duration: 18 weeks
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 29 April 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 1065
VAT is not included in the course fee
The Humanitarian Architecture
- What constitutes a humanitarian situation and different types.
- Identify the major actors in humanitarian sector (e.g., UN Agencies, INGOs, RCRC, relevant government agencies).
- International humanitarian principles and legal frameworks.
Governance Landscape in Humanitarian Situations
- Defining (multi-level) governance as an approach to navigate decision-making.
- Coordination mechanisms in humanitarian contexts.
- Humanitarian frameworks for decision-making.
- Intersection of governance in different humanitarian contexts. Inter-personal leadership for influence.
Analysis of Decision-making for Humanitarian WASH
- Challenges of information management for decision-making in and across sectors in humanitarian contexts.
- Enhancing communication and effective cooperation.
- Opportunities and challenges of decision-making processes within Humanitarian WASH.
- Limitations of decision-making processes in Humanitarian WASH.
Safeguarding Humanitarian WASH Outcomes
- Introducing the Humanitarian Imperative - Sphere project
- Adapting and improving monitoring, quality and accountability mechanisms in humanitarian WASH.
- Consensus building and negotiation for humanitarian WASH
- Ensuring participation, inclusion and transparency in humanitarian WASH
- Safeguarding a gender perspective in humanitarian WASH
- Gabriela Cuadrado-Quesada - IHE-Delft
- James Brown - OXFAM
- Lise Lacan - Solidarites
- Franck Bouvet - UNICEF
- Jamal Shah - UNICEF
- Omar El Hattab - UNICEF
- Roos Tomlinson - UNICEF
- Christine Heckman- UNICEF
- Brooke Yamakoshi - UNICEF
- Sunny Guidotti - UNICEF