The course is designed for mid-career professionals who deal with planning, promoting, designing, operating or managing sanitation systems for residents in urban, peri-urban, slum or rural areas.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 07 May 2018
End: 07 September 2018
Deadline IHE application: 06 May 2018 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 538
The course program is taught over a period of 10 weeks. The course is sub-divided into 3 sub courses and 3 assignments.
Course 1: Characteristics of grey water
- Unit 1.1: Characteristics of grey water
- Unit 1.2: Regulations, standards and examples
Course 2: Collection, treatment, and technology selection
- Unit 2.1: Grey water collection
- Unit 2.2: Grey water treatment technologies
- Unit 2.3: Technology selection
Course 3: Case studies
- Unit 3.1: Grey water in rural areas
- Unit 3.2: Application of WAWTTAR software
- Unit 3.3: Feasibility study of grey water seperation and seuse
The final mark of the course (100%) is made up of the marks obtained in the course assignments (40%) and the final examination (60%). The course is successfully completed when the average final mark is higher than or at least equal to a 5.0, and 5 EC can be awarded. However, recognizing that not all students may be interested in the ECTS and doing the final examination, a student who has an average mark higher than or at least equal to 5.0 for the assignments, is entitled to receive a Certificate of Participation. To get the right to carry out the final examination, the average mark for the assignments must be at least equal to 5.0.