The course on Cleaner Production and the Water Cycle is directed at engineers and scientists working in the urban or industrial water field and wanting to have a better grasp at the efficient dealing with water. As such the module is of interest to engineers and scientists in the fields of urban, municipal and industrial sanitation, water-related chemistry, biologists, water resources, process design and implementation, etc.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 07 May 2018
End: 07 September 2018
Deadline IHE application: 06 May 2018 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 896
- suggest options for preventing pollution in urban and industrial settings
- assess the environmental impact of products and processes
- suggest treatment/disposal methods for industrial
- understand environmental management systems in the industrial context
- indicate how the sustainable use of resources can be beneficial
- analyze system tools that support industrial ecology
This online course is to be completed in 4 months at 8 study hours per week. The online learning environment is used for downloading training material and communication. Communication with fellow-students and course moderators can be posted on the 'Ask-the-trainer' page or on the discussion forum eliciting responses from fellow participants.
- General introduction
- Introduction to cleaner production
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental management systems
- Urban water management
- Sustainable nutrient management
- Industrial water management
- Environmental management at IHE Delft
- Group study on industrial production processes
- Water factory
It is possible to receive ECTS Credit Points by taking an exam at the end of the course (cost of exam included in tuition fee).