PrerequisitesBSc or equivalent in water resources, hydrology, civil engineering, agricultural engineering or closely related fields.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 01 February 2021
End: 26 March 2021
Duration: 8 weeks
ECTS credit points: 3
Deadline IHE application: 21 January 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 639
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Describe fundamental hydrological processes and catchment water balance.
- Interpret hydrological time series data and carry out commonly required analyses.
- Estimate evapotranspiration and water demands for selected crops.
- Identify groundwater occurrence, flow and storage, estimate groundwater recharge and compute groundwater balance.
- Analyse groundwater flow to pumping wells in aquifers.
- Formulate plans for groundwater development.
- Catchment hydrological processes: Hydrological cycle, precipitation to runoff processes, catchment water balance
- Hydrological data analysis: precipitation, discharge
- Evapotranspiration, soil water and crop water demand
- Groundwater resources assessment: Aquifer and parameters, groundwater movement, groundwater balance
- Groundwater flow analysis: steady-state groundwater flow to pumping wells in acquires
- Groundwater resources development: assessment of groundwater resources availability and formulation of plans for sustainable development