Early or mid-career professionals working in the field of water resources engineering/ management, hydrology, agricultural engineering, irrigation engineering/ management or closely related field with an interest to expand knowledge on water resources assessment and agricultural water demand.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 14 October 2019
End: 31 January 2020
Deadline IHE application: 12 October 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 1035
VAT is not included in the course fee
Topics of the course include:
- Global hydrological cycle: Hydrological cycle, water fluxes and storages, global water resources.
- Surface water resources in a river basin: a) Hydrological data analysis (precipitation, discharge), b) evapotranspiration, crop water demand, c) catchment water balance, flow through open-channels.
- Groundwater resources assessment: Aquifer and parameters, groundwater movement, groundwater balance.
- Groundwater flow analysis: steady-state groundwater flow in acquires and groundwater flow to pumping wells.
- Groundwater resources development: assessment of groundwater resources availability and formulation of plans for sustainable development.