Online courses allow you to learn from different locations at your convenience and to immediately apply the newly acquired knowledge to your working environment. The online courses are beneficial to professionals working in public and private institutions, NGOs, and academic institutions, and are ideal for professionals with jobs and families, who want to upgrade their skills from the comfort of their home or office.
The online course’s total study load is 140 hours, over the period in which the online course is given. A four month course thus takes around 8 hours of work per week. The guidance by lecturing staff during these online courses is intensive, and there are many opportunities to get feedback from and interact with fellow participants. The IHE Delft eCampus is used to disseminate training material and for communication. It contains lecture notes and technological learning tools such as presentations, videos featuring case studies from various countries, interviews with experts, quizzes and audio material as well as a discussion area where both participants and lecturers can meet. All courses run completely via eCampus, but course materials can be sent on CD as well. In some cases lectures and question-and answer activities will be held through videoconferencing sessions.
Please note that we have a strict first come, first served policy. It might be the case that a course is fully booked before the registration deadline at IHE Delft passes. Therefore we advise you to register for the course as early as possible.
You should at least have a Bachelor Degree in a relevant field of study, some years of working experience and a good command of the English language.
Discounts on the tuition fee of online and short courses apply to the following:
- 30% for IHE Delft Diploma alumni
- 10% for UN family staff members
- 10% for groups of 5 or more (provided that the course starts at the same time and a group application has been sent)
In most online courses passing the online course examination results in receiving 5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upcoming Online Courses
Online courseStart date End date
- Online Course on Biological Wastewater Treatment: Principles, Modelling and Design 07 Jan 2019 - 07 Jun 2019
- Online Course on Faecal Sludge Management 07 Jan 2019 - 10 May 2019
- Online Course on Urban Drainage and Sewerage 07 Jan 2019 - 10 May 2019
- Online Course on Water and Environmental Law and Policy 04 Mar 2019 - 28 Jun 2019
- Online Course on Experimental Methods in Wastewater Treatment 29 Apr 2019 - 19 Jul 2019
- Online Course on Industrial Resource Management and Cleaner Production 06 May 2019 - 06 Sep 2019
- Online Course on Modelling Sanitation Systems 06 May 2019 - 06 Sep 2019
- Online Course on Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment 02 Sep 2019 - 10 Jan 2020
- Online Course on Environmental Flows 02 Sep 2019 - 10 Jan 2020
- Online Course on Experimental Methods in Wastewater Treatment 02 Sep 2019 - 22 Nov 2019
- Online Course on Governance of Decentralized Sanitation 02 Sep 2019 - 10 Jan 2020
- Online Course on Industrial Effluent Treatment 02 Sep 2019 - 10 Jan 2020
- Online Course on Partnerships for Water Supply and Sanitation 02 Sep 2019 - 10 Jan 2020
- Online Course on Solid Waste Management 02 Sep 2019 - 10 Jan 2020
- Online Course on Water Transport and Distribution 20 Sep 2019 - 21 Jan 2020