Click here to see the provisional list of countries whose citizens are eligible for scholarships. If you wish to be considered for a fellowship you will be asked to register your application in a special tool and you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- provisional admission letter from IHE Delft;
- a valid copy of your passport copy;
- a current statement from your employer, and;
- depending on your country of employment, a government statement.
If you wish to be eligible for an OKP fellowship, it is very important that you to submit your application for academic admission to IHE Delft before 1 February 2018 and in the meantime to prepare the documents that you need to submit your application for an OKP fellowship when you will be asked by your fellowship officer to do so.
Provisionally admitted students will receive an e-mail from their fellowship officer in the second week of February 2018. They will receive a link to Atlas, the system where they can register their application for OKP fellowship.
Eligibility and how to apply
In order to be eligible for an OKP MSc Scholarship, you:
- must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the provisional OKP country list;
- must have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided: All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- must have an official and valid passport;
- must not receive more than one scholarship for courses that take place at the same time;
- must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable) Check if for your country such a statement is required (download document).
The next step is to apply for academic admission for one of the MSc Specializations of IHE Delft. Not all MSc specializations are eligible for OKP fellowship. When you click on the link of the programme and thereafter on the link of the specialization, you will find at the bottom of the page a tab Tuition & fellowships. When you click on that link and you find OKP as a possible sponsor, this means this programme is eligible for OKP. You can only apply for one MSc Specialization for one academic year. In case you apply for two MSc Specializations, both applications will be immediately rejected. It is therefore very important that you very carefully read the contents of each specialization. Choose the specialization that best suits your academic background, work experience and future plans and apply by clicking the apply button at the upper right corner of the webpage of your preferred specialization. Start the application process by creating an account to log in to the website's application tool.
Requirements for employers' statement for OKP MSc scholarship nomination:
Carefully prepare the statement. The name of the programme and the start and end date should be correct. If this is not correct your application for fellowship will be immediately rejected. It is extremely important to ask your employer to carefully prepare the employers' statement. This is an important first criterion for IHE Delft to decide on your nomination for an OKP scholarship and for the embassy to score your application for scholarship. When preparing this statement keep in mind that the aim of OKP is that the successful completion of a study programme should help you to further develop and strengthen the organization at which you work. It is therefore important that this information is provided and comes back in the employers’statement part: Plan to implement the newly acquired knowledge and Relevance of the study.
Motivation student for OKP MSc scholarship nomination:
It is important that you pay utmost attention to your motivation for studying. We advise you to read the eligibility criteria of the embassy and take care that you answer all questions in such a way that it will lead to a positive assessment of IHE Delft and the embassy for selecting you. Your motivation should not be general, but unique. It is important that you show the embassy that upon return to your country, you will be in a position to effect a positive change in your organization and for your country. You have to impress both IHE Delft and the Netherlands representative. The information in your motivation should differ from what others complete. Pay attention to all different questions and do not give the same answer to the different questions. This information is very important for the embassies when they evaluate your application and cannot be underestimated.
Procedure after application
After we have received your application for academic admission, you will be informed within four weeks if you meet the admission requirements.
If you can be academically admitted, you will receive a provisional admission letter. In the second week of February 2018, you will be requested via e-mail to register your application in an online registration system called Atlas. A web link with account will be provided to those applicants. Do not share this weblink with others. The programme committee at IHE Delft will consider all applicants who meet the minimum nomination criteria for possible nomination for an OKP MSc scholarship. You have to be aware that a request to register in Atlas does not mean that you will be nominated and selected for the scholarship. IHE Delft will only be allowed to submit a certain number of nominations in Atlas. Even if IHE Delft will nominate you for the OKP MSc scholarship, it will depend on the evaluation of nominated applicants done by the embassies, if you will be selected for a scholarship.
The final list of selected candidates, will be known in the beginning of June. We will inform you by e-mail if you have been selected.
About the eligibility check of the embassy.
The embassy will decide if your application is eligible for a scholarship. If your application is eligible it will be assessed by the Netherlands embassy on:
- Your personal motivation to follow the programme: it needs to be unique and should impress the embassy. Pay a lot of attention to this.
- The degree to which you fit into the target group of the programme.
- How well you would be able to implement the newly-acquired knowledge in your daily work and to which extent you will be able to make a change in your countryTo what extent the knowledge will contribute to the development of your home country. Your application will be assessed according to the country focus an embassy may have set. If for example you submit an application for an OKP scholarship in the field of Health Sciences while Agriculture is a country focus, your chances of obtaining a scholarship will decrease.
- How well your plans for the time after returning to your employer are described and how easily they can be implemented.
There are always many interested candidates and the number of scholarships is small. Therefore you are always advised to apply for other possible sponsors as well. The chances for final selection are limited, even after we have nominated you for a scholarship.
The final list of selected candidates, will be known in the beginning of June 2018. We will inform you by e-mail if you have been selected.