dr. ir. Poolad Karimi is an honorary Associate Professor at Water and Agriculture chair group and a Senior Irrigation specialist at the World Bank. He has more than 17 years of experience in leading and conducting international research and development projects. He has worked on a range of issues related to water resources management and agricultural water management. This includes serving in a leading role in the development of the Water Accounting Plus framework. His research interest includes water accounting, water productivity, the application of remote sensing for (agricultural) water management, and policy and development-oriented data analytics for irrigation management. He holds a PhD degree in Water Resources Management from the Delft University of Technology and an MSc degree in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering.
Updated list at Google Scholar
- Karimi, P., Bastiaanssen, W. G. M., and Molden, D.: Water Accounting Plus (WA+) – a water accounting procedure for complex river basins based on satellite measurements, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 17, 2459-2472, 2013. Available at: https://hess.copernicus.org/articles/17/2459/2013/
- Karimi, P., Bastiaanssen, W. G. M., Molden, D., and Cheema, M. J. M.: Basin-wide water accounting based on remote sensing data: an application for Indus Basin, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 17, 2473-2486, 2013. Available at: https://hess.copernicus.org/articles/17/2473/2013/
- Karimi, P., Bongani, B., Blatchford, M., de Fraiture, C.: Global Satellite-Based ET Products for the Local Level Irrigation Management: An Application of Irrigation Performance Assessment in the Sugarbelt of Swaziland. Remote Sens.,11, pp 705, 2019. Available at: https://www.mdpi.com/2072-4292/11/6/705
- Karimi, P. and Bastiaanssen, W. G. M.: Spatial evapotranspiration, rainfall and land use data in water accounting – Part 1: Review of the accuracy of the remote sensing data, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 19, 507-532, doi:10.5194/hess-19-507-2015, 2015. Available at: https://hess.copernicus.org/articles/19/507/2015/
- Karimi, P., Bastiaanssen, W. G. M., Sood, A., Hoogeveen, J., Peiser, L., Bastidas-Obando, E., and Dost, R. J.: Spatial evapotranspiration, rainfall and land use data in water accounting – Part 2: Reliability of water acounting results for policy decisions in the Awash Basin, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 19, 533-550, doi:10.5194/hess-19-533-2015, 2015. Available at: https://hess.copernicus.org/articles/19/533/2015/