Young and mid-career professionals working in private companies, local authorities or NGOs interested in project management (focus on sanitation).
Practitioners, decision-makers and other professionals (not strictly working already in the field) who have the interest to expand their knowledge in project management (focus on sanitation).
PrerequisitesWhile there is not a strict prerequisite for undertaking this course, it is recommended that the participants have experiences working or managing a sanitation project.
- Explain project management cycle and discuss various results-based project management approaches
- Develop a coherent and consistent project proposal (sanitation)
- Develop project implementation plan (sanitation)
- Transfer the project implementation plan into MS Project
This two-week course will enable participants to develop a comprehensive sanitation project proposal, project implementation plan and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan. Participants will gain knowledge on the project management cycle and various approaches and frameworks used for result-based project management. Participants will also acquire hands-on experience on developing a sanitation project proposal by applying the ‘Theory of Change’ approach. The course also underlines enhancing skill in planning to implement project and it’s monitoring. The participants will apply Microsoft Project software to develop a project plan, which will be used to support them in becoming effective project managers.
- Project management cycle
- Results-based Project Management
- Project proposal and Project Implementation Plan
- Context Analysis
- Stakeholder Analysis and Engagement
- Specific Problem Analysis
- Theory of Change - Create Diagram, Create and select pathways for change and If-then statements (assumptions) and expected conditions (activities)
- Task Planning and Work Breakdown Structure
- Project budget and Value for Money
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) framework and plan
- Project Planning Software - MS Project