Donor: European Commission - Research Executive Agency
Donor Programme: Seventh Framework Programme of European Commission - Cooperation programme
The objectives of the project are:
- To develop within the first 3 years of the project a variety of innovative rehabilitation technologies for representative types of pollution and compounds that are of concern in degraded water bodies
- To develop methods, tools and guidelines to design the mentioned rehabilitation technologies and to determine their (long-term) impact on local fluxes of pollutants.
- To develop a collaborative management tool that can be used by stakeholders, decision makers and water managers to evaluate the ecological and economical effects of different remedial actions on river basins
- Development of an approach to link the effects of the rehabilitation technologies with a river basin management tool
- Evaluate and disseminate the generic rehabilitation guidelines, approaches and tools by applying them to other river basins with other pollutant conditions, climates, in collaboration with end-users