The course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) active in the water/environment sector, especially those involved in using simulation models for water management and GIS analysts.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 16 September 2019
End: 20 September 2019
Deadline IHE application: 15 August 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 950
Start: 14 September 2020
End: 18 September 2020
Deadline IHE application: 13 August 2020 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 970
VAT is not included in the course fee
For many studies models are used or developed. During modelling courses not much attention is paid to the preprocessing of input data and parameters needed for the models. With the skills learned in this course you will be able to find open access GIS data and more efficiently process your data for your hydrological applications using QGIS and its plugins. The course is taught by certified lecturers.
It is expected that participants have good computer skills.
- Introduction to Open Source software for GIS and hydrological modelling;
- Spatial Data Infrastructures for Open Access Water Data;
- Using QGIS to digitize vector layers from a scanned map;
- Using QGIS for importing tabular data into GIS, data correction and interpolation;
- Using QGIS for catchment and stream delineation;
- Data visualisation (2D/3D) and map design
- Mapathon for the Red Cross
Interactive lectures; Computer exercises usingopen source -freely available- software only.
- Dr. Hans van der Kwast (IHE Delft)
- Kurt Menke (Bird’s Eye View)