This special event at IHE Delft aims to bring together people who are involved in water projects and/or have a particular interest in Water and Sanitation, and will provide an opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with IHE Delft scholars, professors, Rotary leaders and water experts from various countries.
The programme will start at 14.00 hrs with a plenary session featuring keynote speeches from water and Rotary leaders, followed by interactive thematic sessions with some of the Rotary-sponsored IHE Delft students. The afternoon concludes at 17.30 hrs with a reception to network and reflect informally on the day.
The water project and partnership workshop for invited guests will be held at IHE Delft, Westvest 7, 2611 AX Delft, The Netherlands. The working language of the workshop is English.
- Welcome to IHE Delft - Professor Eddy Moors, Rector IHE Delft
- Welcome Rotary International - Jan Lucas Ket, RI Director 2019-2021
- Opening Statement - Per Hoyen, The Rotary Foundation Trustee 2018-2022
- The success of the IHE Delft - Rotary Partnership - Henk Jaap Kloosterman, Host area coordinator
- Presentation on Water & Sanitation with IHE Delft
- Presentation on Water & Peace with IHE Delft
Interactive workshops on ‘Water Governance & Diplomacy’ and ‘Water & Sanitation’
With contributions from Rotary sponsored IHE Delft MSc students:
- Adham Badawy - Egypt, Water Management and Governance
- Cristiano Oliviera - Brazil, Water Management and Governance
- Giri Raj Khatri - Nepal, Water Management and Governance
- Iara Bueno Giacomini - Brasil, Water Management and Governance
- Karelia Martinez - Nicaragua, Water Resources Management
- Maria Wunsch de Alvarenga - Brazil, Sanitary Engineering
- Stefano Archidiacono - Italy, Water Management and Governance
- Sumeet Pawar - India, Sanitary Engineering
The Rotary Foundation established a partnership with IHE Delft in 2011, offering scholarships for talented students who would otherwise not be able to afford to study at the Institute. IHE Delft, the largest international graduate water education facility in the world, has proven to be a good match for The Rotary Foundation, the charitable arm of Rotary International, which has a strong tradition in providing global graduate scholarships.
Together, Rotary and IHE Delft strongly believe that providing quality education to the water experts of tomorrow will be key to overcoming the water-related challenges the world is faced with today. To date, over 75 students have been funded to complete an MSc at IHE Delft with Rotary Foundation grants.
For more information about the success of the partnership, have a look at the video and download the brochure on the right.