Advanced students and professionals who have a strong commitment to become a water leader and are ready to take on challenges during and after the course. Successful participants will have a unique opportunity for a life-changing experience to expand their leadership abilities and put them into practice.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 29 July 2019
End: 02 August 2019
ECTS credit points: 1
Deadline IHE application: 14 July 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 950
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Present their individual strengths and styles as a leader
- Explain the difference between leadership and management
- Understand how leadership is expressed as influence
- Choose from different leadership approaches to suit a situation
- Expand their situational awareness for effective leadership
- Interpret intercultural dimensions of leadership
- Implement a personal leadership development plan
Participants who have a strong commitment to become a water leader and are ready to take on challenges during and after the course will have a unique opportunity for a life-changing experience to expand their leadership abilities and put them into practice.
During the program, they will explore how to:
- Lead from their core
- Become change makers in their organisation, and
- Take the lead by cutting through complexity.
The participants are expected to:
- Prepare through online assessments and selected articles
- Engage in intensive hands-on discussions during the course
- Prepare their individual leadership development plan (ILDP)
- Work together in teams on group assignments
- Discuss leadership experience with guest speakers
- Hone communication skills by making presentations
- Revise their ILDP with feedback from the leadership coach.
The Summer Course will be coordinated by Andrés Cabrera Flamini, with inputs from Prof. Guy Alaerts (in person), Mr. Wouter T. Lincklaen Arriëns (via internet) and, with guest speakers from Nyenrode Business Universiteit, and others.