Summer courses at IHE Delft are for advanced students and professionals in the water and related sectors.
- EMS as a tool for sustainable management. Differences and similarities between EMS and ESMS.
- The need for ESMS to reduce and manage the risks and impacts of water development and infrastructure projects in transition and developing countries to achieve sustainability.
- ESMS: elements and applications in water development and infrastructure projects (e.g. dams, river diversion, irrigation systems, seaports).
- International lending organizations (E.G. World Bank, Asian Development Bank) and ESMS standards.
- Case studies (individual and group exercise)
- Designing an ESMS for a water infrastructure project or public water facility: from disciplines to interdisciplinarity (group exercise).