Participants will carry out a nexus group model building exercise using the case study of ongoing PhD research. Such an activity is novel and innovative, forcing participants to break silo thinking and consider consequences beyond their immediate field of expertise.
The summer course consists of the following elements:
- Introduction to the nexus: what is it? Background and relevance. Modelling and assessment approaches.
- Fieldtrip to innovative company in Westland to see how water, food and energy are intimately interconnected: observing the nexus in practice.
- Practical nexus group model building exercise using the Karawang Regency, Indonesia, as a case study.
- Agri- and aqua-culture, and sustainable water allocation systems.
- Urban water-energy relationships.
- Nexus case studies (SIM4NEXUS).