- 29 May 2013 - 31 May 2013
- Westvest 7 Delft The Netherlands
- Website CD Symposium
Who is taking the lead in knowledge and capacity development across sectors, disciplines and other boundaries so it can be leveraged to become more effective and efficient?
In the face of rising challenges…
In order to address the main question Who is taking the lead in knowledge and capacity development across sectors, disciplines and other boundaries so it can be leveraged to become more effective and efficient?, the Symposium will focus on the following three themes:
- Challenges for water sector capacity development explores the challenges countries face as each strives for green growth and 'blue sustainability'. Responses are required ranging from policy to education to awareness raising in order to induce behavioural change. What needs to happen in terms of water sector capacity development? Who feels responsible and who is taking the lead?
- Landscape of experiences with capacity development explores the current realities and practice of knowledge and capacity development in the water sector at the level of river basins, regions and nations. What is happening in water sector capacity development? Who is doing what and how?
- Innovation in water sector capacity development considers emerging responses. What innovative capacity development approaches are emerging? How do they help to better mobilize local knowledge? How can capacity development and innovation help overcome water challenges? What is required to reap these benefits?