This courses focuses on wastewater professionals with background and/or proven qualifications in sanitary engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering and environmental engineering. Working in the public or private sector dealing with wastewater treatment design.
PrerequisitesPreceding modules of the UWS-SE program and/or, in the case of short-course participants, required background on sanitary and wastewater engineering (see target group) in full compliance with IHE Delft admission regulations.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 04 April 2022
End: 22 April 2022
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 03 March 2022 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 3000
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Select the most suitable and cost-effective wastewater treatment process technology to treat certain wastewater stream given its composition and characteristics and taking into account the required effluent standards.
- Carry out a preliminary design of a wastewater treatment system (based on the most widely applied anaerobic, aerobic, land-based and on-site systems) including the engineering process lay-out, hydraulic profile and process flow-diagram (PFD).
- Identify and estimate the construction, operational and maintenance costs of a wastewater treatment plant and the investments required to secure its satisfactory operation throughout the expected life-span of the system.
- Describe the main elements and components involved in the project planning, project management, and project administration for the design, engineering, construction, start-up and operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Technology selection
- Engineering economics
- Engineering process lay-outs and flow diagrams
- Hydraulic design
- Design and engineering of activated sludge and anaerobic systems
- Design and engineering of onsite sanitation systems
- Design and engineering of land-based systems