This module is designed for students and professionals interested in learning the tools and methods used in the analysis and improvement of environmental policy, especially in the water sector.
Minimum a Bachelor's degree in environmental, social or engineering sciences.
Basic proficiency in word processing and drawing software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Open Office, Libre Office or Free Office).
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 19 April 2021
End: 07 May 2021
Deadline IHE application: 18 March 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2910
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Structure complex policy problems.
- Apply meaningfully and coherently three types of methods for rational-analytical problem exploration: System analysis (including analysis of objectives and initial problem demarcation), Actor analysis, and Future Scenarios.
- Reflect on the possible roles of a policy analyst and discuss which role(s) a policy analyst can effectively fulfil in different situations to support individuals or organisations facing a complex policy problem.
- Set up an agenda, based on previous problem exploration, for relevant, subsequent research activities to inform policy decisions.
- Write an issue paper containing the results of a broad, exploratory problem analysis, including the proposal for meaningful, subsequent policy research.