This module is intended for professionals with an interest learning the tools and methods used for the analysis and improvement of environmental policy, especially in the water sector.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 01 April 2019
End: 18 April 2019
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 01 March 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2850
Start: 30 March 2020
End: 17 April 2020
Deadline IHE application: 28 February 2020 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2910
VAT is not included in the course fee
- Structure complex policy problems.
- Apply meaningfully and coherently three types of methods for rational-analytical problem exploration: System analysis (including analysis of objectives and initial problem demarcation), Actor analysis, and Future Scenarios.
- Reflect on the possible roles of a policy analyst and discuss which role(s) a policy analyst can effectively fulfil in different situations to support individuals or organisations facing a complex policy problem.
- Set up an agenda, based on previous problem exploration, for relevant, subsequent research activities to inform policy decisions.
- Write an issue paper containing the results of a broad, exploratory problem analysis, including the proposal for meaningful, subsequent policy research.