For whom?Young and mid-career professionals, managers, engineers and technicians interested in water resources management in general, and in particular the assessment of quantity and quality of water resources. Processing and validation of both ground and remote sensing data is a key part of the module.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 02 March 2020
End: 20 March 2020
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 28 February 2020 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2910
VAT is not included in the course fee
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- Describe different types of water resources data, generated either from ground and/or RS measurements.
- Apply diverse methods of data processing and data validation for water resources assessment, including statistical analysis of time serieseseries data.
- Quantify the different components of the water resources spectrum (rainfall, river flow, groundwater), and assess availability and access at different scales.
- Describe and apply different methods of water quality monitoring and assessment.
- Analyse and quantify multiple uses of water for: agriculture, hydropower, domestic, environment and other uses
- Access different data types (rainfall, evapotranspiration, river flows) from open data sources, in particular satellite data
- Apply water accounting techniques for water resources assessment (water resources, water use, and water productivity) in a river basin context.