Mid-career professionals dealing with technical aspects of drinking water transport & distribution, working for municipal assemblies, water supply companies or consulting bureau's.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 01 April 2019
End: 18 April 2019
Deadline IHE application: 01 March 2019 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2850
VAT is not included in the course fee
The course covers the following subjects:
- Introduction: Main objectives and components of water transport and distribution systems.
- Water Demand: Categories, patterns, calculation, forecasting.
- Hydraulics of Pressurised Flows: Basic equations, single pipe calculation, branched and looped networks, system- and pump characteristics, pressure related demand. Hydraulics of storage and pumps.
- Main Components of Hydraulic Design: Design parameters, choice of supply scheme, network layouts.
- Engineering design: Choice of pipe materials, valves and other equipment.
- Pumps and Mechanical Equipment: Review of pump types and their applications, design of pumping stations, power requirements and energy consumption, auxiliary equipment.
- Network construction: pipe laying, testing and disinfection.
- Operation and Maintenance: Regular and irregular supply, unaccounted-for water and leakage, network cleaning and rehabilitation procedures, water demand management.