For whom?Mid-career professionals dealing with technical aspects of water abstraction and drinking water treatment processes and plants, working for municipal assemblies, water supply companies or consulting agencies. The participants should have some basic knowlege and experience of water treatment processes.
PrerequisitesBSc degree in Civil Engineering or similar technical background; Prior knowledge of water treatment methods (specifically coagulation, sedimentation, filtration, adsorption and disinfection) is essential. Some experience with planning, design and operation and maintenance of water treatment plants would be helpful. The participants are advised to complete Module/Short Course on Unit Operation in Water Treatment before applying for this specific short course.
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 13 June 2022
End: 01 July 2022
Deadline IHE application: 12 May 2022 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 3000
VAT is not included in the course fee
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- facilitate design, operation & maintenance and rehabilitation of conventional water treatment processes and plants by applying knowledge (gained in previous modules) regarding water quality and treatment methods
- analyse water quality data and select the most attractive raw water resource;
- design (process engineering of) a water treatment plant (conventional and advanced) for both groundwater and surface water treatment);
- prepare plant performance studies and evaluate results to propose improvements for rehabilitation of a malfunctioning plant;
- organize routine operation (process monitoring & quality control, troubleshooting) and maintenance of water treatment plants;
- develop and apply skills on problem solving, decision making, oral presentations, writing reports, working in small task forces.