Students and mid-career professionals with a BSc in civil, chemical, agricultural, environmental engineering or a related field
PrerequisitesBasics in environmental sciences and affinity with social sciences
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 19 July 2021
End: 06 August 2021
Deadline IHE application: 18 June 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 3000
VAT is not included in the course fee
- understand the framework of ecosystem functions and services, and means of assessing it
- develop adaptive management for wetlands in response to change
- analyse the socioecological system by applying DPSIR and Agency Network Analysis
- assess the state of the wetland ecosystem on the basis of HydroGeoMorphological units and applying WETHealth
- develop and carry out stakeholder interviews and surveys
- conduct and communicate a research project.
Ecosystem functions and services; Climate change as a driver of change in WMP; Objective Oriented Planning (OOP); Stakeholder analysis and participatory approaches to WMP; Stakeholder consultations and WMP guidelines developed by the Ramsar convention; Wetland assessment.