- 25 Aug 2019 - 30 Aug 2019
World Water Week is the annual focal point for the globe’s water issues. It is organized by SIWI. In 2019, World Water Week will address the theme 'Water for society: Including all'. IHE Delft will be actively involved in various sessions and we will be present at the UNESCO Water Family Booth at the UN Water Pavillion.
Live updates from Stockholm
Our MSc students Ana Alejandra Leal from Mexico and Maitreyi Koduganti Venkata from India, will take over our Instagram stories account. They will publish photos as they speak at and facilitate several sessions at World Water Week 2019. Ana and Maitreyi are both studying Water Management and Governance at IHE Delft. They are both also members of the Water Youth Network, one of the key collaborating partners of the World Water Week.
If you are also attending the World Water Week and are sharing photos, do not forget to tag us @ihedelft so that we can reshare your photos.
Sessions with IHE Delft's Involvement
Sunday 25 August
- 09.00-10.30 Strategies for Reducing Conflicts over Water Resources - Download the flyer here
- 09.00-10.30 Financing water risk through nature-based solutions: Insurance, investment, regulation
- 12.00-12.45 Water4Peace: The Blue Peace Index Launch
Tuesday 27 August
- 09.00-10.30 Tapping into the future: Universal access to sanitation
- 11.00-12.30 Any role for RBOs in managing water conflicts?
- 17:30 - 19:00 Water, Peace and Security consortium networking reception
Wednesday 28 August
Thursday 29 August
- 09.00-10.30 Analytical tools for identifying water conflict risks - Downlad the flyer here
- 14.00-15.30 Panaceas or painkillers – what role for sustainability assessment tools?
- 14.00-15.30 Tackling Persistent WASH Programming Challenges
- 16:00-16:45“Hack4Water – Solving the water crisis with digital solutions”
Are you an alumnus of the Institute? Please come to meet and greet alumni and staff members at the UNESCO Water Family Booth (B10) and join the alumni gathering on Wednesday 28 August at 17.30 to 18.30hrs.